Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you gamble £25 to win a large property in SW France?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you gamble £25 to win a large property in SW France?

I have a property consisting of a large house and a detached cottage in SW France and need to sell quickly. With all the problems in the financial markets I am considering running a competition to award the property to the eventual winner. Assuming you can answer the question (the correct answer to which allows your name to go forward), would you "gamble" £25 on a 15000 to 1 chance of winning this property which comes complete with a cottage to rent out?

Any other (sensible!) suggestions on how to get a quick sale in the current market would be gratefully received.
    No, definitely not!
    20.00%
    Depends if I like the property
    40.00%
    Yes I'd buy a ticket.
    40.00%
    Yes I'd buy more than 1 ticket.
    0.00%

Afterthought!

I'd just like to add that any profit from the competition would be awarded to the charity of the winners choosing... I am not in it to make money, just to sell quickly!

Comment

... as long as I only pay the £25 AFTER I've got through the question.....

Comment

The question would be of the type they often have on GMTV, ie:

Which drink is Bordeaux traditionally famous for?

Coffee?

Tea?

Red Wine?

Comment

Is the competition working and is it on line yet.

Comment

Originally posted by StephanB View Post
            Is the competition working and is it on line yet.
            No to both!

We are waiting to see what happens to the Devon property that is having problems with the authorities over whether the "competition" is legal or not!

We also have a second viewing lined up for tomorrow so we may not have to opt for the competition route, with a bit of luck!

Thanks for the interest though!

Comment

I can help you on that. If you go to Spiral Sight Properties web site and read the about and other pages, you will see that it is legal. However, the trick is in the level the question that is set for such a competition. This website - you can also submit your property on this website to be a prize in a compatition.

Comment

I don't think I would - don't tend to gamble...

Comment

Originally posted by justwondering View Post
                  I'd just like to add that any profit from the competition would be awarded to the charity of the winners choosing... I am not in it to make money, just to sell quickly!
                  Then you are selling and not looking to run a competition!

Points awarded for lack of professionalism to date.

Comment

I dont think any of these win a property type competitions have actually been successful yet. All have failed either due to regulations or due to a lack of tickets being sold.

I will only participate in such a thing once I have seen a few properties won successfully with no legal implications and only if the money would be returned if the competition did not go ahead.
                    Free UK Property Investment Seminar

Comment

I'd definately need to see the property and all the necessary records.
                      But if I liked it then I'd deffinately go for it!!!
                      French Mortgage

Comment

Working...
                      X