Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ahuja Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahuja Group

I am relatively new to property investing, and earlier this year I registered with the Ahuja Group and paid a £350 deposit, for them to source suitable BTL properties. Thus far I have been offered 2 properties, both of which failed to meet my criteria, the 2nd of these in June. Since then I have had no offers, and despite repeated phone calls, emails etc asking for a refund of my deposit, I have been unsuccessful. In fact, none of my calls or emails has received a reply, or even an acknowledgement.

Has anyone else had a similar experience with this outfit, or any other property sourcing company? My view would be to give Ahuja a very wide berth. He has written numerous books on property investing, but his property sourcing operation leaves a lot to be desired.

Ahuja

Hi vrodrig

I am experiencing the exact same problem and have given them much more money in finders fees. I have no properties to date. They do not return my calls or emails and do not respond when I want my finders fee back because the deal falls through because of them.

I am considering taking legal action

Comment

BTL Sourcing

Hi,

I think any company that charges fees upfront should be avoided.What guarantee do you as a client have that they will ever find you a suitable deal? Sourcing fee should always be paid on completion of the purchase.
      As a property sourcing company ourselves that is how we work,we make no upfront charges whatsoever, all we ask is your requirements and contact details.
      I hope you are successful in recovering the money owed back to you.
      As a reputable business I find this disregard of clients interest apalling.Our clients are our most valuable asset and and are always treated as such.

Originally posted by vrodrig View Post
      I am relatively new to property investing, and earlier this year I registered with the Ahuja Group and paid a £350 deposit, for them to source suitable BTL properties. Thus far I have been offered 2 properties, both of which failed to meet my criteria, the 2nd of these in June. Since then I have had no offers, and despite repeated phone calls, emails etc asking for a refund of my deposit, I have been unsuccessful. In fact, none of my calls or emails has received a reply, or even an acknowledgement.

Has anyone else had a similar experience with this outfit, or any other property sourcing company? My view would be to give Ahuja a very wide berth. He has written numerous books on property investing, but his property sourcing operation leaves a lot to be desired.

Comment

Thanks for posting this - it's always good to hear other people's experience of companies and from what you two have said it seems like a good place to steer clear of.

Cheers for the heads up.
        My work crosses over with what I write about, for a full description of what I do see my blog

Comment

My Father used their company for a deal, two fell through and one is meant to be going through as we speak, i'll let you know how it pans out.

It was a small semi detatched property in Bolton that fell through originally.

Comment

Ahuja Non Payment of Refunded Monies

Hi,

I have given the Ahuja Group £2k in up front deposits and have not received any deals which actually amounted to anything.

Despite paying in the money last September, I was promised refunds continuously and nothing ever arrived.

after repeated attempts and undelivered promises, I have given them until the end of January to repay my money, or I will take legal action, and have been told today for the third time that another cheque is in the post (no others physically arrived), despite me saying that cleared funds would have to be in my bank by end Jan.

So it looks like I'm going to Small Claims to get my refund.

This is factual and does not state anything of my opinion as I don't want it to influence anything, you have to make up your own minds about this company.

Comment

Has anyone got Ahujas details i.e company reg address etc. to hand? i.e. the details to include in the legal claim?
              Cheers
              Tazza

Comment

Should be on the paper they sent to you - it's a legal requirement for a UK registered company to include registered company details and address in all correspondence (even emails, these days).

Comment

thanks Brian, not there there though

but only sent via emails, its not on the site, nor on emails they send, nor are they listed in Conpanies House under anything obvious, hence my question to the forum members if someone had done it before they must have found it somehow!!
                  cheers
                  Tazza

Comment

You gotta see whats hapening!

These guys seem to be playing the oldest con. Take other peoples money upfront which they can then use at zero per cent!

I myself emailed him three times about his fantastic us propertiesand questioned his high yields. No reply.

Be careful out there!

Comment

I recently read a thread on Ahuja's Group's OWN property forum where an investor was ranting and raving about the Ahuja Group conning him and leaving him out of pocket. Funny, how the thread wasn't removed.
                      www.propertyinvestmentleads.co.uk

"Exclusive deals for the serious investor"

Comment

Ahuja Group

Hi Guys

I am having same problem with this company. Two deals already fallen through and they are not paying my sourcing fee back. This is definately not a serious company. They have silly reason for not paying the money back. One thing is for sure and that is that Mr Ahuja is not as mega as he thinks he is. He has started a company to cheat people.

He is saying that he started by £500. I hope he is not forgetting the fact that all money came from the banks and he wasn't in any way special.

I am in the process of taking legal action.

Keep you posted
                        Take care

Comment

ahuga

i am not surprised to hear people are not getting their money back. Common sense says that if someone ask you fro money up front, would you trust them and give them the money?

Of course, it is a scam. If people paid by credit card, they should get in contact with their credit card company. They should cover you agaist fraud. If one wants to take them to court, write to them. Their address is Ahuja.co.uk, Floor 5, The Amphenol Business Complex, Thanet Way, Whitstable, Kent, CT5 3JF.

Comment

Hi Tazza,

I am in similar situation like you. Paid the money 5K (finder's fees), but after the survey property is not mortgageable. I am also asking for the refund, as the properties they send are very very below standard.

Do keep me updated on your progress, whether you are able to get any refund from them.

Good luck (to both of us).

Cheers
                            conect2me

Comment

Working...
                            X