Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New service for homebuyers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New service for homebuyers

Hello to everybody on this forum.

For a long time I have felt that property purchasers were getting a raw deal. Estate agents act on behalf of the seller, but there are few people looking after the buyer and I have decided to address that.

I look forward to being a regular contributor on this site.

Uh-huh.

...and you're going to address this HOW?

Comment

Hopefully the website will explain all.

Click my log-in name and it should take you there.

Comment

OK, I'll bite. You're going to take £399 + VAT upfront from a buyer, then e-mail them with updates of what they're looking for in their chosen area.

Q: Which areas of the UK are you going to operate in? The whole of it?

You offer a guarantee - "A full money back gurantee is offered if we don't save at least our fee on the purchase price of the property."

Q: What's the starting point for definition of "the purchase price of the property"? The asking price? That's fine if you have sellers asking for a fixed price, but in my neck of the woods, properties are routinely marketed on an "Offers Over" basis, to encourage interested parties to bid against each other. If a property is marketed at Offers Over £100,000, it could maybe sell at £105,000, or £130,000, depending on the state of the market and its desirability. How would you determine any saving in order to apply your guarantee?

Q: If I, or any other Scottish resident, were to consider your services, tell us why you would be any better placed to negotiate on my behalf than any solicitor or other agent that I might choose to make an offer on my behalf? Do you have any experience of negotiating in the Scottish market? More to the point, why would I want to pay £399+VAT to you, when it seems routine for Scottish solicitors to take instructions and make offers with no up-front fee?

Comment

Working...
        X