Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Council tax rebanding review

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Council tax rebanding review

Ten years ago I successfully appealed that my parent's house should have been in band A and not B so it was rebanded downwards and a lump sum was refunded by the council for the previous six years overpayment ok so far fast forward to this week and my parents have had officail notice that their band has been reviewed and increased to band B just like that I will use the right of appeal naturally on their behalf but just wondered if anyone has had a similar experience?

regards bisbee

Afraid not, but I'm literally chatting to Nationwide about rebanding issues, to see if they have any interesting insight on this.

Comment

Some further information on this the valuation office have issued notice that they have rebanded the property band B and their reason is ... new information has come to light.. but they do not say what so in essence you are guilty until you can prove otherwise if I take the house prices of the properties for sale on the street today (and it is a falling market don't forget) and back calculate using the Nationwide property website tools the value of the house is shown to be under 40k which should mean it is still band A

regards bisbee

Comment

Working...
      X