Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Check Your Removal Company Before You Choose Them!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check Your Removal Company Before You Choose Them!

I'm a pensioner who was too trusting,and didn't check the removal company I chose,thoroughly enough..Bexhill Removals run by Marlon Brickland,had a facebook web page with what appeared to be several 5* reviews,and he advertised his service as based on family values,respect etc.I was sure I could trust him,but he let me down badly and blocked me from reviewing too.
    I found, after I'd paid £1600 for a 1 bedroom move from East Sussex to Cornwall(no receipt given),that some items had been left behind without telling me,and my new clothes rail had arrived incomplete and unusable.It was very difficult to get in contact with Mr Brickland..
    I had no reply for a month,then he admitted liability but only agreed to pay £30 compensation,less than a quarter of the value of the goods.
    During the next 6 months he kept saying he was going to pay the £30,and at one point said the payment was being processed and had been made.But he didn't ever pay it in!
    His tone was constantly aggressive.Also I was annoyed to see he had posted some pictures of my furniture being moved at the front of his website,alongside a self-congratulating text about how happy he made all his customers.He made it impossible for me to write my review of his shoddy service on his website,so I was unable to warn other unsuspecting customers.
    Be warned,dishonest traders like Bexhill Removals will take advantage of vulnerable people,so be sure to check that the company you choose belongs to a recognised Ombudsman scheme before you use them,however friendly they seem.
Working...
X