Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Credit score advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit score advice

Myself and my boyfriend are first time buyers and are due to start our mortgage process however my boyfriends credit score is only in the “fair” bracket on ClearScore, he has a car finance and pays his phone contract and also had some credit on his credit card but he has never missed a payment and has no CCJ’s so there is no reason for it to be so low. My credit score is excellent so my question would be will the lender take both scores into account or do they do it on an individual basis?

Hi,

Many thanks for your question. Each lender has a different score bracket for credit, dependent on factors like loan to value and your personal situation. Just because his credit is only ‘fair’ doesn’t necessarily mean you won’t be eligible to be placed with a prime lender.

If you want any mortgage advice don’t hesitate to make an enquiry online at: https://www.charcol.co.uk/enquire-now/ or call us on 0344 346 3672.

Many thanks,
    Kathryn Toomer

Comment

Working...
    X