Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.


No announcement yet.

Building Survey - Outcome

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Building Survey - Outcome

    Hi All,

    I am a first time buyer and am interested in a property. We got building survey done of the property and as an outcome of it have been requested to get a structural engineer to look at few cracks in one of the room(s). I thought building survey should cover all these ?
    The survey examples and things which described the building survey meant that it's a detailed survey of the property but the recommendation is now that hire a structural engineer to understand the severity of the crack.

    Can anyone please advise ? Have you come across a similar scenario and if so how do I go about hiring one of them ?
    Thank you.