Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.


No announcement yet.

Help with Survey Questions.

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Help with Survey Questions.

    Hi, All

    My offer for a Victorian era end of terrace house was accepted recently, I am thinking of getting survey done, got the T-A6 form from my solicitor re the house, where the vendor states that the house had problems with Rising damp and wood rot, had it treated and has warranty,

    Should I inform the surveyor of this? and what else should I ask him to look for? Don't want to have any problems in the future, and this is sort off putting specially the wood rot part, how effective are these treatments?

    Anyone encountered anything similar, any input would be good


  • #2
    Hi Sammy,

    Yes definitely tell your surveyor about this and that it's one of your main concerns so they can look specifically for that alongside their regular checks as part of the survey.

    You can also get a specific Damp Survey, where the surveyor will have a CRDS (Certificate in Remedial Damp Surveying) or a CSRT (Certificate in Remedial Treatment) so you can know they specialise. The rot was likely to be due to the damp, so if the damp has been appropriately dealt with, and your surveyor confirms this, you should be fine.

    Hope this helps a little, or that others with similar experiences in the forum can offer more guidance.

    Best of luck,