Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice Re Property Buy - Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice Re Property Buy - Please

Hi
    I am a first time buyer and seen a really good house which is within my budget and in a popular town centre location. Its's a 3 bed house in a typical row of terraced houses.

Problem- On my second visit, I noticed next door seems to be unoccupied, curtains all shut, windows and door frames (old wooden ones in bad condition), bottom glass windows missing and boarded up. Front garden completely over grown and vines running like a forest on the walls of the front of the houses and over grown to the next door neighbours houses (windows hardly visible). The Back garden is neglected and similar overgrown and roots taken hold of and pulling fence down of the property I am thinking of buying. (Noticed a cat perched on a bent branch like a bird looking intensely below ). There were no bins next door (food waste, black bin etc) thought the owner might be throwing his waste in the garden (rodent problem). The Thought crossed my mind Until ...

I asked the owner, what is going on. He said that next door person is living with his girlfriend, somewhere and waiting for his inheritance to do the property up, clearly he does not come to look after the property.

Went home and did a google search, and saw the next door property was in a similar state from old pictures 4 years ago, before the vendors purchased their house (the house now I am trying to buy). The vendors said they were moving is because they want to upgrade and were on a fixed 5 year mortgage.

So my question is, would the next door property effect the property I am trying to buy ie internally or structurally? Rodent problems Leaks etc The separation walls seem to be good visually, and since the house is located by the town centre, I have a feeling its has a good market in the future. But my concern is how would it effect the house I am going to buy?

Any help advice is good.
Working...
X